Thursday, May 23, 2013

Eye Drop News for Sjoggies

One of my fabulous readers let me know that Refresh Optive Advanced Sensitive is now available in a preservative free version.  I've been mourning the loss of Refresh Endura since Allergan took it off the US market almost three years ago.  

I haven't been able to find as perfect an eye drop match since then.  There are so many on the market and believe me I've gone through boxes of different brands trying to find something that made my dry eyes feel better.  As those with Sjogren's and dry eye conditions know, finding an eye drop that works is a very individual choice and what provides relief for one person might not for another. There is lots of trial and error involved.

Last year, I had tried the Refresh Optive Advanced Sensitive as I wrote about here.  While I initially liked how they felt, because they were not preservative free my eyes burned.  I eventually had to stop using them.  So when I heard the news about these new drops, I had to go to the drugstore to see if I could find these artificial tears. Lo and behold, there they were and I've been testing them for the last week.  They come in a box of 30 individual vials as pictured above. 

I've had much more luck with the preservative free version.  No burning and my eyes are definitely getting more relief than from some of the other artificial tears on the market. The drops are basically a combination of Allergan's Refresh Endura and Refresh Optive since they contain glycerin,  polysorbate 80, and carboxymethylcellulose sodium as active ingredients. These might just become my go to drops.

Which artificial tears do you find to be the most helpful?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information. The only eye drop I have used that works at all is Refresh Celluvisc but I have not tried this one. I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete