Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sjoggie Leaf Peeper

One of my favorite activities at this time of year is to drive to the country and go leaf peeping.  It might sound like a strange and maybe even dirty phrase, but in the northeast it just means viewing the bright and beautiful colors of the fall foilage.  That is just what my husband and I did this past weekend.  It was particularly special because we had had to take a break from this tradition in previous years when my autoimmune illness was undiagnosed and not yet treated.  The bumps and vibrations of being in the car had caused me intense neurological pain so there was reason for celebration on this sunny fall day.

Even though it is already mid-October, the leaves were just starting to turn in our neck of the woods.  It was still gorgeous scenery and being in nature and away from the hustle and bustle of daily city life is certainly soothing.  We stopped at apple orchards along the way and the apples were juicy, crisp, and right off the farm.  While I have to admit that I was beyond completely tired by the time we got home and had to retreat to the sofa for a number of hours, this was one of those times it was definitely worth it.

Here are some pictures from our little road trip:











2 comments:

  1. So glad! I took them from my phone and wasn't sure they would come out well.

    ReplyDelete